This role is remote and location agnostic. Full time or paid via grant.
The Tech Writers sit in between the developers and the rest of the world. Their main task is to translate technical speech into human language for a range of audiences, both inside and outside the company.
At Flare, interacting with the developers and understanding the technology is done mostly by the Head of Documentation, who then teaches the writing team. The writers, in turn, produce the following types of documents, to be consumed by other employees and external users:
- Theoretical descriptions about how each piece of the technology works, including diagrams and glossaries.
- User manuals teaching users how to use certain applications, including screenshots and step-by-step guides (non-tech-savvy audience).
- How-To guides for infrastructure owners to deploy different types of nodes, including console commands and configuration files (tech-savvy audience).
- Developer tutorials, including example source code, explaining how to solve different use cases (developer audience).
No writer is expected to be able to write all kinds of content. We aim to create a team with complementary abilities, with members that can help teach each other.
- Good communication skills: Able to explain complex topics and make them understandable to different audiences.
- Good technical competence: You must know what you are talking about, and it must show in your work. You don’t use empty buzzwords: if you don’t know something, you ask, learn, and don’t start writing until you understand the topic.
- Interest in blockchain technology and related topics like cryptocurrencies, finance, Web3 and decentralization.
- Excellent written English skills.
How to be a stand-out candidate:
- You have written technical documents for blockchain protocols.
- You have written technical documents for a software company.
- You have open-source experience (git, GitHub).
- You have worked as a Software Engineer or have completed academic studies into software engineering, ideally within Blockchain.
- You have experience with Solidity, Typescript, and/or Golang.
- You have worked in start-ups or early-stage products moving from MVP to deployment.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams including designers, researchers, and engineers.
- You have experience with automated documentation pipelines (Markdown, mkdocs, GitHub Actions, Netlify)
- You are autonomous in your work. You understand the end goals and the strategy to reach them.
- Native English language is a bonus.
We ask that you overlap some working hours with GMT. English is essential, other languages are a bonus. Full time or grants-based arrangement possible.
More info: https://gitlab.com/flarenetwork/flare
Flare is a new layer 1 blockchain built for safer connectivity and brings 3 core components to the wider blockchain ecosystem:
1. Web 3 composability; cross chain smart contract composability and cross- chain relay.
2. Web2 to Web3 composability; low friction, decentralized integration with Web 2 data.
3. Safer bridging; Fast, decentralized and insured bridging for smart contract platforms and decentralized bridging for non smart contract platforms.
Please get in touch asap if you are interested in discussing this role.
Email: [email protected]